Sunday, March 24, 2013

My sweet boy

Asher is going through a huge mommy phase.  I can’t really complain since I’m pretty crazy about that little boy too… but I do feel badly for Chris who I’m sure feels like he plays second fiddle around here.  One day Mommy won’t be so cool, and Daddy will do no wrong – so I’m going to soak it up while I can!  ;)

I signed us up for the Chick Fil A Mother Son Date Knight for this past Saturday and it was so fun to have time alone with him.  Of course, I could have also brought Jesse… but I was hoping for some one-on-one time with AJ to talk and just enjoy him.  One day Jess and I will do that, too!

I told Asher last week that we were going on a special dinner – just he and I.  You would have thought he won the lottery!  He was SOOOO excited.  He came over and put his hands on my cheeks and said, “Oh!  Pretty girl!”  {Melt!}  The day of our dinner he could hardly wait and kept asking how long until dinner. 

When it was time to get dressed he was a little bit upset he couldn’t wear his Easter tie… but I assured him that he looked very handsome. 

cfa1

They did a great job!  Right when we got there the boys got to pick out a rose to give their moms.  My sweet boy made sure to grab me a pink one!  He knows me so well!  There were fun decorations, a craft for the boys to make a family crest, questions to ask, menus, waiters and waitresses, ice cream sundae bar, limo rides, and of course, the Chick-fil-a cow!

cfa2

cfa4

Asher loooooves the CFA cow, but he wasn’t thrilled it was the girl cow.  She was dressed as a princess for the “Mother Son Date KNIGHT” theme… but I think that was lost on a room full of boys.  He wanted to know where the boy cow was.  :)


We skipped the limo ride and went to Barnes and Noble to look at books (a favorite of Ashers).  It was so fun to just watch him, listen, and really focus on just him.  He was silly, goofy, and really sweet.  At the store we were looking at the toys and he was obviously doing the ‘potty dance’ I asked him a few times if he wanted to go use the bathroom and every time he said no.  Finally (knowing wet pants would put quite a damper on our fun evening) I told him we were going to the bathroom.  When we got into the stall he went to the bathroom right away and said (quite loudly), “Mom, you were right!  I did have to go to the bathroom.  Thank you!  You know all my plans.”  I could hear the woman in the stall next to us giggle a little bit.  When we got out to wash hands she looked over and smiled and said, “It’s not often that you get a ‘thank you’!  That was precious!” 

cfa3

*I know that second picture is blurry, but it cracks me up!  He was doing a little “show” up on the stage.  :)

Like any child Asher has his moments, but he is SO sweet and has such a tender heart!  And I wouldn’t trade that for anything!  We are so blessed with TWO precious boys that we love SO much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment