Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Yesterday we celebrated Chris’s birthday – the big 3-2!  Ha!  After 30 no birthday seems like a big deal until the dreaded (gulp) 40.  :)

Last year’s birthday was when Asher had the stomach bug and we were all in survival mode so I wanted him to have a nice birthday this year.  :)  We dropped off donuts and coffee at his work in the morning and I made his requested dinner and cake later that night.  Asher had fun picking out party supplies and decorating the house, and both boys LOVED a chance to eat more cake!!!  His present to himself was a new computer so I didn’t have anything to wrap up, but we still had fun.

IMG_7512

The older I get the more I realize the uncertainty of life.  We all get into routines that we take our lives and the people in them for granted.  As much as Chris would have been fine with letting the day pass without much fanfare, I’m glad for a reminder to slow down, have fun and celebrate the husband and daddy we love sooooo much!

IMG_7521

No comments:

Post a Comment