Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life Lately

I haven’t done the best job of blogging lately… I hope that means I’m too occupied living life.  :)  But, we are alive and well and keeping busy!

After having a snowy December we bought Asher his own shovel to help out… and then of course, it didn’t snow.  Murphy’s Law, right?  BUT then we got a pretty nice dusting and he could hardly wait to get out there and help Daddy.  It was cooooooooold but he was having too much fun to mind.

IMG_7632IMG_7634

Nana was here visiting and she and Jesse stayed where it was warm, but had fun watching!

IMG_7645

We had a rite of passage as a family of little kids… we went to Disney on Ice!!!!  It was the most fun!  We shared a suite with our small group so the kids could happily move around and dance during intermission.  We’ve been together as a group for almost 8 years?!  And there are really no words for how thankful we are for these precious friends.

IMG_7654

Waiting for it to start and in awe of their surroundings!

IMG_7658IMG_7662IMG_7664IMG_7667IMG_7675IMG_7679

Nana was planning to come visit, and then unexpectedly Papa was able to come too!  It was a fun visit and we were thankful for the time with them.  Poor Jesse still asks for them in the mornings.  :)

IMG_7690

I have to share a quick funny Asher story – the other day the boys were having a dance party and he came running over to me in the kitchen and said,

“Mommy I just prayed to God!”

“That’s great, Asher!  What did you say to Him?”

“I asked Him if he’d help me be silly while I’m dancing.” 

:) CLASSIC Asher!  He’s a combination of goofball and tender heart.  He keeps us laughing every day and I need to remember to write down more of his Asher-isms. 

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”  1 Thess. 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment