Friday, March 15, 2013

Sick! Sick! SOOOO Sick!

We’ve been battling sickness at our house!!sick2

Asher got sick last Thursday evening, 48 hours later Jesse went down and 24 hours later it was Chris’s unlucky turn.  Knowing I would get sick within 48 hours I waited anxiously for my symptoms to come.  At hour 47 I was still feeling good and hoping we were in the clear, but then…. Asher got sick again!!!  Discouragement really set in at that point. 

From all our (ahem) official  research we are quite certain we’ve been struck with the norovirus.  Let me tell you HOW much fun norovirus is….  NOT. AT. ALL.  It’s awful.  It’s highly contagious and extremely resistant to being killed.  For example you can’t clean it with a regular cleaning wipe or detergent, just good ol’ bleach. 

sick1

So we’ve lived off crackers, gatorade and toast for almost a week and watched more cartoons than should be legal.   :)  We’re hand-washing around the clock and praying for restored health.

In all of this we’ve been blessed by the prayers of SO many friends and family.  We are so thankful for our “family” here in town, our small group from church who stepped up to offer help and make runs to the grocery store for more gatorade.  And we’re thankful for our family and friends all over the country who have been praying and checking in on us around the clock.

Thankfully, everyone seems to be on the mend and (by the GRACE of GOD I never did get sick).   I don’t think I’ll ever take a normal day of just healthy kids for granted again!!!!!!  (Okay, I’m sure I will, but hopefully I’ll remember how awful this was and think twice.)  Even though I stayed well many things have fallen by the wayside and I need to get back on track.  Poor Jesse has now missed TWO monthly updates (ah!  I feel awful about that.)  I’ll try to hurry and get a (late) 20 month update on the blog.  In the meantime we’ll keep bleaching, and washing, and praying!  Hope you’re all well!!!

C’mon spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment