Saturday, March 2, 2013

Valentine’s Day 2013

Well now that we’re into March I supposed I should do a re-cap of Valentine’s Day… oops!  Despite my lack of blogging, we had a great day!!  I love, love, love celebrating ANYTHING so holidays – even the ‘little’ ones – are super fun to me.  I had so much fun thinking of small ways to make it a fun and special day for all my boys.

Our celebrating began a week early when Chris and I went to my MOPS couples banquet the weekend before.  We  had a great night with friends eating a catered Maggiano’s dinner (YUM!) and hearing awesome speakers who encouraged and challenged all of us. I am so thankful for our MOPS group and the friends I’ve made through that amazing group!!  Since grandma was home watching the boys we went out for a (second) dessert after the banquet.  Charleston’s bread pudding is TO DIE FOR!!  We split it and we could have probably each eaten our own.  So so good!  :)

breadpudding

On Valentine’s day the boys woke up to balloons and small gifts from us.  We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Asher just kept saying over and over, ‘This is the best Valentine’s day ever, Mommy!”  It makes driving all over town at 8:30 the night before looking for dove hearts totally worth it.  ;) 

balloons

Asher had pre-school so he celebrated his first school Valentine’s day party.  He did such a good job of writing his name on all his valentine’s.  We had fun sorting all his candy and treats when we got home from school.  He was on cloud nine because they got to wear their pajamas to school for the party! 

IMG_7722

You can see some of their loot in the background!  The boys were also spoiled with gifts from both sets of grandparents.  :)  Such LOVED little boys!  And I was spoiled by my sweet Valentine who surprised me by sending flowers. :)

IMG_7729

Jesse was a big fan of the Dove Heart Peanut Butter Blossoms!

The boys had a heart-shaped pizza for dinner and then Chris and I had take-out Italian for dinner once the boys went to bed.  It was just such a fun day and I’m so thankful that I got to spend it with the three guys I love so much!!

IMG_7737

The celebrating continued the next day when we were invited to a “Jesus loves you” playdate.  A friend totally outdid herself with a cute Bible story, heart shaped balloons, and crafts.  It was so much fun and really sweet of her to go to all the work for our kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment