Saturday, March 2, 2013

Long Days, Short Years!

We’ve all heard the saying, “the days are long, but the years are short” and that seems to be the theme of this winter.  Long and cold days of being cooped up inside has us just about climbing the walls, but when I stop and look back I can’t believe how big my boys are getting.  I wish I could fast forward to spring, but freeze time on our boys!  Asher is growing up before our very eyes and Jesse has only the tiniest hints of baby left! 

This HAS been a long winter and we’ve stayed home quite a bit as we’ve either been sick and not wanted to share our germs, or we’ve been healthy and not wanted to catch others’ sick germs.  How long ‘til Spring?! :)

Here are some random iPhone pics from our long winter….

collagewinter

Top Left: Mommy and Jesse have one-on-one time Tuesday and Thursday mornings while big brother is at Pre-K.  Often we’re running errands or at church on Thursdays for MOPS, but I love the time spent with my littlest buddy.

Top Right: Asher’s first haircut with a SPIKY style!  He was so good so we had to get ice cream afterward.

Bottom Left: Asher has taken to coloring lately and is getting so good at taking his time and staying in the lines.  He looked SO grown up coloring so carefully in his new book from Grandma and Grandpa.  :)

Bottom Right: Jesse has always been our climber… so I guess we shouldn’t have been surprised when we found him one day playing with toys in his bedroom during naptime.  He made a clean escape from his crib (Praise the Lord he didn’t hurt himself!)  We have taken some measures to keep him safely in his crib as he’s not even close to being ready for a toddler bed.  (And neither is mommy!)

bikeride

You know you’re ready for Spring when a brisk 50 degree day feels ALMOST warm.  We went for a walk and Jesse had his first time outside of the stroller.  Now that he experienced the trike we might not get him back in the stroller next time.  He looked SO big and loved it! 

writingname

Asher is getting SO good at writing his name!  It makes me so proud of him, and equally gives me a twinge of sadness when I see how FAST he’s growing up.  Slow down, time!!!!

fort

After Jesse went down for his nap Asher and I made a huge fort.  We watched a cartoon and snuggled to a crackling (ipad) fire as we pretended to roast marshmallows.  I think I see camping in our future!

oreos

Look who loves oreos!!!!!!!!!!!

spikes

One cool dude ready for Pre-K!

party

Asher was invited to his first birthday party of a Pre-K friend.  He’s gone to birthday parties for family friends… but this was his first party for someone our family didn’t know.  I went along and it was fun to watch him interact with the other kids.  :)

blocks

Still in jammies at lunch time is the norm this winter.  Lots of cozy days at home playing, coloring, and helping mommy clean up the house.  Even on the days when cabin fever is rampant I am reminded of how blessed I am.  So thankful for lazy days at home with my sweet boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment