Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Break 2013 - Part 3!

Moving right along…  my sister talked me into a gator boat tour.  I was not too hip on the idea, and honestly, thought Asher would be scared, but we decided to give it a shot after watching a video and reading all the glowing reviews.  Chris stayed back at my parents house so Jesse could nap. {which he never did – figures}

The gator boat tour ended up being SO MUCH FUN!  It was one of those boats with the huge propellers in back so it was loud, and literally skimmed over the water.  The driver could whip down the river and turn on a dime if we saw any gators… which we did!  Lots!  Over 20 by my niece’s count. 

It was fun to go full-speed with our hair blowing in the wind.  The river was really pretty, and would go from tiny lagoons, to wide open deltas.  Asher had fun, but it was hard for him to see the little turtles and baby gators, or to catch a glimpse before they slipped under water. 

gatorboat1

Asher said he was NOT going to hold the gator… but after he watched several other kids do it, he decided he was brave enough.  ;) 

gatorboat2

Gosh I love that cute smile!!

gatorboat4

Perhaps one of the strangest parts of the tour was when we saw wild hogs!  Ha!  They came running and squealing because they are used to the boat driver feeding them.  The kids loved throwing them corn.  Cool and bizarre!

gatorboat3

It was fun to have the time with Asher – I think the day-to-day of parenting two boys lumps them together, anytime I get alone time with either boy I’m amazed at how fun it is to just focus on them, and see who they are growing into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment